We have a Direct-to-Garment printer (fancy words for a t-shirt printer) that has been brought to Andover for you to use. It prints custom designs onto items like t-shirts, sweatshirts, and even towels and tote bags.
The purpose of The Printer is to provide students with a cheaper, faster, and easier method to print custom items. Any Andover student knows that CustomInk is often prohibitively expensive and takes two weeks to process an order. The Printer takes the guessing out of the game and allows students to print a range of 1 shirt to 60 shirts at any given time for less money. If your club or team gains a new member, you can always return to the Printer and print another one in under five minutes.
Anyone can use the printer. If you don't know how to use it, just ask us and we'll explain the simple process in 5-10 minutes. We also work with the Graphic Design Club to create aesthetic designs for your apparel.
- Faster: With 150-second print-times, you can be in and out with brand new shirts in minutes.
- Cheaper: We guarantee $50 savings over Customink for orders of 60 or less.
- Easier: Located in the basement of the library and managed by classmates, the Printer allows for great flexibility. Never worry about ordering just the right number of items, as you can always print more. Payment is carried out by Bluecard.
Need Shirts? Here's how:
- Design. If you have a design and know what type of shirt you want, you’re ahead of the game.
- Make a design. Try working with the Design Lab on CustomInk’s website to get an idea of what you want, or sketch a rough design out. Contact us if you need help.
- Find your items. Check out blankshirts.com and get an idea of what general type of item you’d like (hoodie, shirts, etc.). If we don’t have it in stock, we’ll order it and it will be here in 1-3 days.
- Contact us. Our graphic design team will take a look at your design idea and help you make one that looks great.
- Send us an email with your item type, design (just a image file, doesn’t need to be in a special format), and quantity (x smalls, y mediums…). We’ll get back to you the same day with pricing and a set of times you can come learn to use the printer (for orders of 14 or smaller, we can print for you).
- Print! If you will be printing, the library staff will give you a key to the printing room. If we print them for you, all that’s left is the next step.
- Pay with cash or Bluecard.
We guarantee at least $50 savings over CustomInk for orders of 60 or less. Pricing subject to change. If you want a more precise cost estimate, contact us. These are typical costs:
- T-Shirt: $9
- Longsleeve: $10
- Sweatshirt: $15
- Athletic Longsleeves: $13